Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ro*Tel Chili

Any Ro*Tel fans? I am a huge fan of Ro*Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies. Before I ever knew the Ro*Tel history, I loved the spicy flavor. Last Sunday I made Ro*Tel Chili. I had the best fun making it. After the meat was done, I piled on a mountain of Ro*Tel tomatoes and diced chilies and then a pile of black beans. Mr. Fun and I both had our cameras ready for that one. I made tons so we would have left overs for the week. Served with homemade salsa and chips, it makes a very satisfying meal.
And here's the recipe:
1 lb. ground white turkey
1 pkg. Italian sausage
1 pkg. frozen corn with red and green bell peppers
1 lg. can (or 2 reg. cans) Ro*Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 can black beans
Your favorite spices and seasonings

Cook sausage and turkey. It's best to cut the sausage links in small pieces, though I cooked mine whole and cut it just before serving. Add the rest, cook a bit, and it's ready to serve. 
Enjoy!

I'm linking with Dining with Debbie!
I'm linking up to the Iron Chef Challenge. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think my middle name is Ro*tel:) I remember being so surprised one time when we were in Colorado, and they had never heard of it. Friend and I were stunned since it is such a staple in the South:) I use their chili blend in my chili now. It's that good:) Thanks for linking up with What's On the Menu Wednesday. Come again soon:)

Heather S-G said...

I like Rotel...this sounds so tasty!

Christy said...

I love chili - can you believe I have never even used Rotel?? Must try!

Katie said...

Your chili sounds great! I got about a ton of cans free a while back, so I am always looking for new ways to use them up.