Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Frugal Menus

What are your favorite frugal menus? At some point most home cooks have experienced a tight grocery budget for a week. During those lean times, diets become a lower priority on the grocery list. Items like Ramen Noodle Soup, eggs, beans, rice, and potatoes become high priority. Some of my best recipes evolved out of frugal menu creativity when the cupboards were bare.

If you only had eggs, beans, rice, Ramen Noodle Soup, a bag of frozen vegetables, one type of meat like ground hamburger or pork links, what would you make? 

If you had $25 to spend on groceries, what would be the priorities on your list? $35? $50? What special recipes would you create with these budgets?


This week I plan to make a recipe I've not tried before. I'm practicing frugal cooking this week and am excited about creating recipes. The recipe title  of the recipe I am creating is called Orange Pork Sausage and Vegetables. My planned recipe goes something like this:
1 box pork links
1 pkg. frozen California vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, and more)
Orange sauce
fried rice in rice vinegar
I will take pictures so you can see how it turns out. Check back throughout the week to find out the results. Thank you for your visit to my blog today.
I'm linking up to Reasons to Skip the Housework.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Stopped by to say Hi! and thanks for your kind comments on my blog today. Excited to have you as a follower!
Elizabeth

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Angi!
I was not able to post a comment on the orange julius recipe area below so I came up to this post to comment!
Thanks for sharing those recipes. I love OJulius's and have tried unsuccessfully to make them on my own! It seems so simple, right!?

Great post. Thanks for sharing.
Your newest follower,
Alison :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I would probably make Chili if I had only $25 to spend. Thanks for sharing your recipe for Orange Julius and thank you for stopping by and leaving your nice comment. Enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Cindy Lew's Studio said...

Hello, just thought I would stop by and say hi. I have not been doing my usual visits because I am working on getting a little online business started so something always has to give when we don't have enough time in the day. But just wanted to say hi. Stop by and visit when you get a chance.

I would love to see how your recipe comes out since I am the worst at coming up with things to make. Thanks for sharing.

Take Care, CindyLew