- Choose a sunny place in your yard that gets at least six hours of sun
- Measure a 4'x4' area in that sunny place
- Dig about 17" deep with a spade
- If the dirt is too hard to dig, water the area each day for about a week.
- Visit your local nursery and ask for compost, chicken fertilizer (sheep or rabbit is even better), worm castings
- Mix the fertilizer, compost, and worm castings in with the dirt and water the area.
- Purchase two 8'-long 2"x6" pieces of wood from Lowe's, and ask them to cut them in half.
- Place brackets inside each corner wood stakes outside the corners.
- Place the connected four pieces of wood over the 4'x4' area you've prepared. You'll probably need to move the frame and pile the soil in the middle. When you place the frame back, then you can use a shovel to smooth the soil so that it settles just right inside the frame.
I'm linking to: