Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Hot Corn


The couple who invited my husband and me over along with other friends for Thanksgiving are the perfect hospitable host and hostess. The two of them make a great kitchen team. He does the cooking and makes the best Italian dressing. He said he’d email me the recipe. Imagine trying to not indulge with a second helping. It was difficult, but I managed only the one serving.

As a thank you gift for the Thanksgiving invitation, I brought a pinecone topiary Christmas table ornament and my old favorite dish, Hot Corn. 

Hot Corn

2 cans Shoepeg corn, drained (optional: 1 bag frozen white corn)
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 small can jalapeno pieces, drained
1 T. butter

If using canned corn, mix all ingredients together and heat until cream cheese is melted and corn is bubbly.  If using frozen corn, cook as directed on package. Drain, then add the other ingredients. If you prefer spicy hot, do not drain jalapenos. For medium spicy, drain. 

For Thanksgiving I made this recipe. It’s usually a favorite. This time, however, we all got a surprise with the first bite! WOW! It was very spicy hot. I did not drain the jalapenos. So if you don’t like hot, remember to drain the jalapenos. If you like mild, leave the jalapenos out altogether. It’s great that way, too.

No comments: