Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Frog Eye Salad Tradition

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
At this family holiday season I'm thinking of my mother and mother-in-law who have 
both passed from this life. One of the things that comforts me is to prepare recipes that 
they both loved. The Frog Eye Salad was my mother-in-law's favorite dish to bring to a 
gathering as it made plenty for a large group. When I've brought it to holiday and special 
occasions, people are always so curious to know what it's made of. They never guess that
it's a pasta because it's served as a dessert.
 
FROG EYE SALAD


Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1943,150176-249197,00.html
Content Copyright © 2010 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
1 c. Acini di Pepe pasta
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 sm. can crushed pineapple, not drained
2 sm. pkg. French vanilla instant pudding
Cool Whip
Cook 1 cup of pasta in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain carefully as the Acini di Pepe is a very tiny pasta. Add oranges, pineapple and juice with pudding. Add pasta and Cool Whip.
Enjoy!
Do you have a favorite recipe that has become a family tradition? I welcome your comments and would love to have you follow my new blog, Kitchen Hospitality! 

No comments: