|Hawaiian Chicken Salad|
- One or two fresh garden tomatoes
- Spinach leaves (as many as you like)
- 1 can of White Chunk Chicken
- 1/2 to 1 can pineapple chunks
- Small carrots slices
- Use Mandarin oranges instead of pineapple
- Add beans of your choice
- Add Macadamia nuts
again with some of the variations. It's perfect for a light appetite on a hot summer day.
Kitchen gardens especially come in handy for summer salads such as this one. I picked two pretty red tomatoes yesterday and can't wait to make another salad this evening to go with dinner. Whether you make a Hawaiian, Mexican, Italian, Greek or American salad, you can always add tomatoes. Even a juicy tomato from the kitchen garden is a quick refresher. Take a break from your to-do list and enjoy a tomato sprinkled with salt and pepper - YUM!
I'm linking to: