Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ro*Tel History

Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies is my favorite Ro*Tel item. I use it often and love the flavor it gives my recipes. Last Sunday I reached up on the shelf to grab a couple of cans when I noticed a large can of Ro*Tel. It must be a new thing because this was my first time to see the large can. It has more ounces than two of the smaller cans put together, so I chose the larger can.


 What I also love about Ro*Tel is its history. Ro*Tel originally was owned by a Texas family then was made famous by the Knapp family. Francis Knapp is my dad's friend from WWII and the OSS (forerunner to the CIA). To learn more about the Ro*Tel story and to read the personal WWII & OSS histories of Francis Knapp, my dad, Benny McCoy, you can now pre-order my book, Phantom Seven, at my website. To pre-order, go here.

You're also invited to join my Paula Deen cookbook giveaway. 
I'm joining Thrifty Thursday.



2 comments:

Donnie said...

That's really cool that your dad was his friend. I use Ro-Tel in my chili.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Rotel is my favorite secret~~~ but don't tell!
It's a friday's favorite
for sure :-)