Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Famous Ro*Tel Cheese Dip

The famous Ro*Tel Cheese Dip (recipe below) was made famous by the Knapp-Sherrill, Manufacturers of Ro*Tel Tomatoes and Green Chilies.

1 10-ounce can Ro*Tel Tomatoes and Green Chilies
1 pound pasturized American cheese

To 1 can Ro*Tel Tamatoes and Green Chilies, add 1 pound pasteurized cheese which has been melted in double boiler. Mix together. Serve warm as dip with corn chips, tortilla chips or crackers.
Other ingredients you may add:
  • Breakfast sausage
  • Smoked or Italian sausage
  • Chili
  • Evaporated or regular milk
  • Picante sauce
  • and so many more
This recipe was taken from Snake, Rattle & Ro*Tel cookbook by Crazy Sam Higgins. My dad's friend, Francis Knapp, WWII & OSS veteran, gave my mom this cookbook, and it is now in my cookbook collection. To learn more about Francis Knapp's WWII & OSS and his Ro*Tel history, pre-order my book, Phantom Seven here.

Enter my Paula Deen giveaway. Only two days left to enter giveaway. Enter giveaway here.

2 comments:

Donnie said...

I make this quite often when we're having taco's or chili. It is addictive.

Diann said...

I keep meaning to try this out. it looks really yummy!