Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas No Bake Cookie Quest

I'm  on a quest for No Bake Cookies! If you have a Christmas No Bake Cookie recipe, you are invited to add it to my No Bake Cookie list.
Currently, I'm in a transition of a fixer-upper cabin major remodeling. Most of the walls are about to come down, and a Mediterranean home has been custom designed to fill the little cabin's place. In the meantime, I'm celebrating Christmas in my little cement-floor kitchen with no frig and no stove. Ah, but that's where microwaves, electric skillets, toasters, and the like come in perfectly handy. Oh, yes, and I do have a frig in our RV on the property while we're renovating. Baking in the Christmas season is one of my favorite things to do. RV baking works, but I decided to go on a quest for No Bake Cookies. My first choice is a recipe from my friend, Pattie, No Bake Fudge Cookies. This recipe is printed in one of my favorite new cookbooks, Favorites from our Table:
Prepare ingredients ahead.
2 c. sugar            
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. butter
Dash of salt
1 T. vanilla
3 c. quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked (place in lg. bows)
1/2 c. peanut butter
Wax paper, available

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a hard boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of vanilla. Pour into bowl of oatmeal and add peanut butter. Mix well and drop quickly by tablespoon onto wax paper.
  To order cookbook, contact me.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! MERRY CHRISTMAS!  
FUN COOKIE BAKING! 
I'm joining Sister Saturday at Southern In My Heart.http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Thanks for following Angi doing the same. I love no bake recipes, that's because I stink at baking LOL! Happy Holidays to you.

Vanessa said...

Wow! I'm just impressed you are trying to make anything at all with everything going on for you! Sounds like you have your hands full with the renovation but these no-bake cookies sound amazing! Thank you so much for joining our first Cookie Exchange. :-)
Vanessa

~Kristin~ said...

So glad you came by! Hope you have had fun looking at everyone's recipes. So many great ideas and yummy treats! Good luck with your blog and renovations!
Merry Christmas!

Town and Country House said...

Oh, those oatmeal no-bake cookies are soooooo dangerous, especially when paired with a big glass of milk!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

No bake cookies they are so delicious. Good luck with your cabin renovations :)

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

I love these cookies! They are one of my favorites!!